• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (June 30, 1973) – WWWF MSG House Show
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on June 30, 1973, the World Wide Wrestling Federation held a televised house show in the world’s most famous arena, Madison Square Garden in New York City, New York.
Here are the results from that night:
– Blackjack Lanza defeated Lee Wong
– Professor Toru Tanaka defeated El Olympico
– Gorilla Monsoon defeated Captain Lou Albano by countout
– Victor Rivera defeated Black Gordman
– Jan Sheridan & Joyce Grable defeated Dottie Downs & Peggy Patterson
– WWWF World Heavyweight Title: Pedro Morales (C) defeated George Steele
– Chief Jay Strongbow defeated Mr. Fuji
– Haystacks Calhoun defeated Moondog Mayne
• First Time Ever Match Announced For RAW
WWE announced the following:
The New Day and The Viking Raiders to throw down in tag team action
“The Wild Card rule is about to deliver for the WWE Universe yet again!
The New Day will collide with The Viking Raiders in tag team action for the first time ever this Monday night on Raw. Which two members of The New Day will square off against the gargantuan unit of Erik & Ivar in what is easily the biggest opportunity of their tenure on Raw thus far?
Find out when the massive match goes down this Monday night on Raw.”
Also, Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley in a Falls Count Anywhere match will also take place on RAW.