• “For 2-3 years, I feel like nobody’s been able to touch me in the ring” – Top WWE Star
As part of the newest episode of the WWE Grit & Glory series, Street Profits member Montez Ford interviewed WWE Veteran Cody Rhodes about what made Cody leave Tony Khan’s All Elite Wrestling and return to WWE, after already working for WWE from 2007 till he left in 2016.
Here’s what The American Nightmare had to say:
“Well, I’ll give you a somewhat arrogant answer. And I don’t mean it with arrogance, but I feel like for 2-3 years, I feel like nobody’s been able to touch me in the ring.
And the only way you can say that without feeling a little bit of doubt is having that chip – having extra motivation which is the biggest prize in our world which would be the WWE Championship.”
Cody returned as Seth Rollins’ mystery opponent at this year’s WrestleMania 38 PPV, but is currently out of action with an injury and there’s no word yet on when he will return to the ring.
WATCH: Revealing Shots Of Brandi Rhodes (Cody Rhodes’ Wife):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (July 6, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling *Macho Man Debut*
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the “WWF The Wrestling Classic” PPV.
You can find the card below:
1. The British Bulldogs vs. Dave Barbie & Barry O
2. King Kong Bundy vs. Sal Gee
3. Uncle Elmer vs. A.J. Petruzzi
4. Greg Valentine & Brutus Beefcake vs. Jose Luis Rivera & Paul Roma
5. “Macho Man” Randy Savage (WWF TV Debut) vs. Aldo Marino
6. Don Muraco vs. Ricky Steamboat