• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 23, 1997) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the Macon Coliseum in Macon, Georgia and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1997 PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Damian & La Parka vs. Public Enemy
– Chris Jericho vs. Alex Wright
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Harlem Heat
– Hector Garza vs. Villano IV
– Syxx vs. Chavo Guerrero Jr.
– Steve McMichael vs. Konnan
– Glacier & Ernest Miller vs. High Voltage
– Diamond Dallas Page vs. Scott Hall
• Former Cruiserweight Champion Reveals The Main Reason For WWE Wrestlers’ Unhappiness
During a recent interview with Fightful, former WWE Cruiserweight Champion TJP talked about the main reason for WWE wrestlers’ unhappiness.
Below is what TJP said:
“You know I always had a wonderful experience with upper administration working directly with Vince and Hunter that was always pleasant for me, but it was the lower administration like the micromanaging from producers and creative, the writers and things like that — that was the ultimate source of a lot of guys’ unhappiness at least for me.
You know it’s frustrating that guys in that position they play favorites. Some guys get held back, not that the brass ring is it’s not like it doesn’t exist and it’s not like it doesn’t exist in a fair way to like Vince and Hunter, but people that micromanage beneath them they arrange us at different startling lines so some guys it’s impossible to get ahead because you’re just constantly handcuffed.
One things I love about the freedom I have now is that I don’t have someone saying that I can’t say this or kinda wrestling my match for me through a headset. Sometimes wrestling there just feels like it has no soul.”