Chief Content Officer Triple H signed Eric Young back to WWE in November 2022.
However, they didn’t bring him back on TV and used him in a backstage role.
At the time when Young was brought back, Vince McMahon was retired. However, in January 2023, Vince returned and became The Chairman once again.
In April, Young asked for his release from WWE because he didn’t want to work for Vince and was granted it.
According to Fightful Select, Young cited moral, creative and personal reasons regarding why he didn’t want to work for McMahon.
During Young’s first run on the WWE main roster, Vince broke up Young’s SAnitY stable (which was a success in NXT) and basically turned Young into an enhancement talent / jobber.
After Young’s 90-day non-compete clause ended, he returned to IMPACT Wrestling at the Slammiversary pay-per-view this past Saturday.
He teamed up with Scott D’Amore to defeat Bully Ray & Deaner, with Darren McCarty as the special guest enforcer.
You can watch Young’s return below:
— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) July 16, 2023
Below are Eric Young’s major accomplishments in pro-wrestling:
– 2x TNA / IMPACT Wrestling World Heavyweight Champion
– 1x TNA X-Division Champion
– 4x TNA / IMPACT Wrestling World Tag Team Champion
– 2x NWA World Tag Team Championship
– 3x TNA Legends / Global / Television / King of the Mountain Champion
– 1x TNA Knockouts Tag Team Championship
– TNA Triple Crown Champion
– TNA Grand Slam Champion
– 1x WWE NXT Tag Team Champion
WATCH: Maria Kanellis Was So Hot: