• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (June 27, 1987) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1987, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Memorial Auditorium in Buffalo, New York and included matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1987’ PPV.
Here is the card:
1. The Honky Tonk Man vs. David Stoudemire
2. Koko B. Ware vs. Jose Estrada
3. The One Man Gang vs. Eric Cooper
4. Brutus Beefcake & The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. “Iron” Mike Sharpe, Jimmy Jack Funk & Johnny K-9
5. Ken Patera vs. Frankie Laine
6. Demolition vs. Lanny Poffo & Jerry Allen
• Former WWE Tag Team Might Appear At Impact Wrestling’s Slammiversary (Details)
As we noted earlier, former WWE RAW Tag Team Champions, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson, have been looking to work in both United States and Japan.
Pro Wrestling Sheet is now reporting that IMPACT Wrestling has offered a deal to Gallows and Anderson, which will allow them to work with NJPW as well.
“Pro Wrestling Sheet has learned Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows have been keeping busy behind the scenes since their release from WWE…and now they’re close to finalizing deals in the States.
Sources tell us Impact Wrestling has been heavily pursuing the tag team in order for them to appear at Slammiversary next month.
Our sources say Impact has offered Gallows and Anderson incredibly strong deals that would allow them to work with New Japan once that’s a possibility, both in a legal sense and from a travel sense due to current COVID-19 restrictions.”
IMPACT teased an appearance from Gallows and Anderson in their Slammiversary promo. Coincidentally, the day Gallows and Anderson’s no-compete clause will be up is the day of Slammiversary.