• THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 18, 1991) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1991, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Portland Civic Center in Portland, Maine and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1991’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
– I.R.S. vs. Sonny Blaze
– Ricky Steamboat vs. Bob Bradley
– Bobby Heenan Interview (hints at Ric Flair coming to the WWF)
– The Big Boss Man vs. Jim McPherson
– The Nasty Boys vs. Mark Thomas & Ross Greenberg
– The Barber Shop with Sid Justice
– SummerSlam Report
– The Bushwhackers vs. Brian Donahue & Kerry Davis
• Former WWE Wrestler Takes A Dig At Shawn Michaels For Not Selling Randy Orton’s Punt Kick On RAW
In the main event segment of last night’s RAW, two time WWE Hall Of Famer Shawn Michaels confronted Randy Orton for attacking his friend, Ric Flair, last week.
The Legend Killer got angry and RKOed Michaels and hit him in the head with a Punt Kick. WWE Champion Drew McIntyre came out and fought off Orton. McIntyre then checked on HBK, while Orton entered the ring again to RKO McIntyre.
Many fans commented on Michaels’ selling of the Punt Kick and said that it wasn’t the best selling he’s ever done. Some went on to say that he no sold the Punt Kick.
Former WWE wrestler Lio Rush took to Twitter to express his opinion over the angle and said that HBK from 2008 would’ve sold this a lot better.
“2008 Shawn would have sold this punt until next month..”
2008 Shawn would have sold this punt until next month.. https://t.co/r34aZe4xd3
— Lio Rush (@TheLionelGreen) August 18, 2020
WATCH: Check Out The Revealing Photos That WWE Hall Of Famer Sunny Sends To Fans In Exchange For Money:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.