• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (December 15, 1990) – WCW PRO
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW PRO’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Starrcade 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Doom vs. Scott Allen/Jon Peterson
– Barry Horowitz & JW Storm vs. Tommy Rich & Ricky Morton
– Sid Vicious vs. Johnny Reeves
– Danger Zone: Sting
– WCW This week
– Allen Iron Eagle vs. Stan Hansen
– Steiner Brothers vs. Jeff Stone & Mike Sample
– Starrcade 90 promo
– The Skyscrapers (Sid/Spivey) vs. Rusty Riddle & Ricky Nelson
• FOX Wants At Least 3.3 Million Weekly Viewers For SmackDown In 2019, SmackDown Currently Doing Under 2 Million
SmackDown Live will be moving to FOX on October 4, 2019 and it will become a Friday Night show once again.
According to the Wrestling Observer, FOX officials are seeking at least 3.3 million weekly viewers for SmackDown in 2019 when it moves over to their network. This means that WWE will have to increase their blue brand viewership by over 25%.
SmackDown has been drawing a viewership of just below 2 million for two consecutive weeks now and they have failed to touch the 3 million viewership mark throughout 2018.
WWE averaged 2.5 million viewers for SmackDown in 2017 and they’re currently averaging 2.36 million viewers in 2018.
While the 3.3 million weekly number for SmackDown might sound very difficult to some people, Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer believes WWE will be able to increase their viewership by 25% when it moves to FOX as FOX is available in more homes than USA Network (where it currently airs).
You can check out the viewership for some shows that aired on FOX last Friday between 8-10 PM below:
– Last Man Standing: 5.43 million viewers
– The Cool Kids: 4.35 million viewers
– Hells Kitchen: 2.68 million viewers