• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (April 1, 1990) – Hulk Hogan & The Ultimate Warrior Collide In “The Ultimate Challenge” At WrestleMania VI
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on April 1, 1990, WWF WrestleMania VI took place. The main event of the show featured WWF Champion Hulk Hogan and Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior colliding in a “Title For Title” match which was billed as “The Ultimate Challenge”.
Below are the results from WrestleMania 6:
– Rick Martel def. Koko B. Ware
– WWF Tag Team Championship Match: Demolition def. The Colossal Connection (c) to win the Titles.
– Earthquake def. Hercules
– Brutus Beefcake def. Mr. Perfect
– Roddy Piper vs. Bad News Brown ended in a Double Countout.
– The Hart Foundation def. The Bolsheviks
– The Barbarian def. Tito Santana
– Dusty Rhodes & Sapphire def. Randy Savage & Queen Sherri
– The Orient Express def. The Rockers via countout.
– Jim Duggan def. Dino Bravo
– Million Dollar Championship Match: Ted DiBiase (c) def. Jake Roberts via countout to retain the Title.
– Big Boss Man def. Akeem
– Rick Rude def. Jimmy Snuka
– The Ultimate Challenge: Intercontinental Champion The Ultimate Warrior def. WWF Champion Hulk Hogan to win the WWF Title.
You can watch the highlights from WrestleMania VI in just 60 seconds below:
• Gillberg & James Ellsworth Capture Tag Team Titles
Yes, you read that right! Former WWF wrestler Gillberg and former WWE wrestler James Ellsworth are now the ACW Tag Team Champions!
Below is what Ellsworth tweeted about this:
— James Ellsworth (@realellsworth) April 1, 2018
Ellsworth & Gillberg defeated the Bully Club to win the titles. WWE Hall of Famer Mick Foley was the Special Guest Referee in the match.
Speaking of Gillberg & Ellsworth, they recently squared off in their “epic dream match”. Ellsworth was billed at a weight of 169 lbs and Gillberg at 205 lbs.
Ellsworth survived a Spear from Gillberg and delivered “No Chin Music” twice to put away Gillberg and win the match. With this win, Ellsworth won the IWC High Stakes Championship from Gillberg. It should be noted that Ellsworth was already Intergender Champion heading into this match.
You can watch the complete match (including entrances) below: