• Goldberg’s WCW Journey Began At A Strip Club
During WWE Untold: Goldberg’s Streak documentary on the WWE Network, WCW Legend Diamond Dallas Page revealed that he met Bill Goldberg in a strip club for the first time ever and introduced him to WCW President Eric Bischoff.
Here’s what DDP said:
“The first time I met Bill Goldberg was actually in the Gold Club, a gentlemen’s club. And I was actually with Eric Bischoff at the time. I’m talking to this cat and back then Bill had a full head of hair and I’m like ‘man, this guy is money. Eric, meet this guy!’ They get talking and I’m like ‘Dude, you need to do this.’”
Things worked out between both sides at this meeting and Goldberg’s WCW journey began as he agreed to join WWF’s rival company.
Here’s what Goldberg said:
“So, I made the decision. I picked up the phone and called Eric Bischoff. I’ll never forget what I told him. ‘I’ve decided to wrestle and I’m not going to be one of those $500 throw-around-the-ring pieces of sh*t. I’m going to make a difference.’”
WATCH: Natalya Slaps Her Sister’s Juggs:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 19, 2003) – WWE Royal Rumble 2003
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 19, 2003, World Wrestling Entertainment aired their annual ‘Royal Rumble’ event LIVE on PPV from the Fleet Center in Boston, Massachusetts.
Brock Lesnar ended up winning the first ever Royal Rumble match he ever competed in, thus earning the right to challenge WWE Champion Kurt Angle for the Title in the main event of WrestleMania XIX.
Below are the results:
– Brock Lesnar defeated Big Show
– World Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz defeated Lance Storm and William Regal (c)
– Torrie Wilson defeated Dawn Marie Wilson
– World Heavyweight Championship: Scott Steiner defeated Triple H (c) via DQ
– WWE Championship: Kurt Angle (c) defeated Chris Benoit
– Brock Lesnar won the 30-man Royal Rumble match