• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (April 22, 1990) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1990, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Syracuse War Memorial in Syracuse, New York and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Brutus Beefcake defeated Chris Duffy
– Rick Martel defeated Mario Mancini
– The Orient Express vs. Mark Thomas & Ben Allen
– Jimmy Snuka vs. The Brooklyn Brawler
– Bret Hart & Jim Neidhart vs. Black Bart & Al Polic
– Akeem vs. Mike Williams
– Ted DiBiase vs. Sonny Blaze
• Hall Of Famer Comments On Vince McMahon’s Support Of Marijuana In WWE
WWE has a Wellness Policy in place for talents who test positive for drugs. They get suspended for a set number of days, if they are found using a drug.
However, usage of Marijuana only leads to a $2500 fine in the company.
While talking to Wrestlinginc, WWE Hall of Famer The Godfather discussed Vince McMahon’s support of Marijuana in WWE.
He said that the CEO never supported it openly, but he would do so if it was made legal:
“Well, I’m not gonna go that far, but Vince is up on the times. If cannabis were to become legal, then he would have no problem supporting it.
He supported it when I was there. I’ve never smoked with Vince or seen Vince smoke.”