• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (March 28, 1993) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1993, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania IX’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Mean Gene Okerlund & Bobby Heenan at the WWF Headquarters
– Bret Hart & Yokozuna Contract Signing (Challenge 3/28/93)
– Crush vs. Lee Armstrong (Superstars 3/27/93)
– The Headshrinkers vs. Scrubs (Superstars 3/27/93)
– The Bushwhackers vs. Repo Man & Damian Demento (Raw 3/22/93)
– Andre the Giant Hall of Fame video
– Lex Luger vs. Scrub (Superstars 3/27/93)
• Hall Of Famer Says WWE Made Seth Rollins Look Dumb On Last Week’s RAW
On last week’s episode of RAW, Drew McIntyre defeated Seth Rollins in the main event after Universal Champion Brock Lesnar came out and caused distraction for Rollins.
During a recent edition of the Jim Ross Report podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross had the following to say about this situation:
“I didn’t think that the way RAW went off the air, where again a music interruption causes the decision of a match to be determined. It happens over and over and over again. Interrupt, distraction, screwjob. I have a big problem with trying to protect everybody.
It’s not a game of protection. It’s a game of execution. If you can execute well, and you’re given the tools to execute well, there is absolutely no reason that a loss over a talent that is already ‘over’ is going to significantly damage the persona of that individual.
Seth Rollins is made to look silly. His best side was not on display there. Seth is a magnificent athlete. We all can see that. And his match with Lesnar at WrestleMania no doubt can be a classic. But you can’t make your babyfaces, your fan favorites, your heroes, your protagonist look dumb and get them to the top of the mountain!
Can you imagine Austin or The Rock falling for that music interrupt piece of business? No, because it wouldn’t happen.”