• How Much Money Did Ric Flair Charge For His Appearance At AAA TripleMania?
At the recent AAA TripleMania XXIX show, Ric Flair accompanied his future son-in-law, Andrade El Idolo, for his match against Kenny Omega for the AAA Mega Championship.
Flair also got involved during the match and took out Omega and Konnan:
According to Wrestlinginc, Flair didn’t have a 90-day non-compete clause with WWE, and that’s why he was able to appear in AAA so quickly after his WWE release. This also means that Flair can appear in AEW as quickly as this week.
Flair worked the TripleMania show for free and even chartered his own plane to Mexico at his own expense.
Charlotte Flair was also present backstage, as WWE granted her the night off and she didn’t work Saturday night’s WWE Supershow.
WATCH: Revealing Video Of Katie Forbes (Rob Van Dam’s Wife):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 17, 1998) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Iowa Events Center in Des Moines, Iowa and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1998’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Triple Threat Match: Dan Severn vs. Ken Shamrock vs. Owen Hart
2. Brawl 4 All: Bart Gunn vs. The Godfather
3. Gangrel vs. Brian Christopher
4. The Disciples Of Apocalypse vs. Faarooq & 2 Cold Scorpio
5. Street Fight: The Nation of Domination vs. D-Generation X
6. Brawl 4 All: Bradshaw vs. Darren Drozdov
7. Gauntlet Match: Kaientai vs. Val Venis