16. On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 11, 2004) – Who Walked Out Of Vengeance 2004 As The World Heavyweight Champion?
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 11, 1999, WWE Vengeance 2004 PPV took place. In the main event of the show, Chris Benoit defeated Triple H to successfully retain his World Heavyweight Championship.
Also at the PPV, Edge defeated Randy Orton to win the Intercontinental Championship. You can watch the highlights from this PPV below:
Below are the results from the show:
– Rhyno & Tajiri def. Jonathan Coachman & Garrison Cade
– Batista def. Chris Jericho
– World Tag Team Championship Match: La Résistance (c) defeated Ric Flair & Eugene via DQ to retain the Titles.
– No DQ Match: Matt Hardy def. Kane
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Edge def. Randy Orton (c) to win the Title.
– #1 Contenders Match For The WWE Women’s Championship: Victoria def. Molly Holly
– World Heavyweight Championship Match: Chris Benoit (c) def. Triple H to retain the Title.