Below are some important AEW news updates following the Double Or Nothing 2023 pay-per-view:
– During the post-show media scrum, AEW President Tony Khan was asked if CM Punk will return on the debut episode of AEW Collision.
Below is what Khan said:
“I can’t tell you that. I think it’s a great question, but I can’t address it at this time.”
– The debut episode of AEW Collision will take place at the United Center in Chicago on June 17th. This is the show where CM Punk is expected to return to TV.
After Double Or Nothing went off the air, Punk promoted Collision on his Instagram story:
– Anarchy In The Arena main evented AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 instead of the Fatal 4-Way Match for the AEW World Championship.
During the post-show media scrum, AEW World Champion MJF was asked if he was okay with not main eventing the show. To the surprise of many, he was okay with it, and said:
“Why the f**k would I want to roll around in Jon Moxley’s blood?”
MJF also said that the idea of the World Title match happening last is ‘dead’.
– Konosuke Takeshita turned heel in the main event and helped the Blackpool Combat Club in defeating The Elite in Anarchy In The Arena.
Takeshita tweeted the following after his heel turn:
“THE ELITE WAS THE BEST.”
– After the PPV went off the air, Kenny Omega said the following in front of the crowd about The Elite’s loss to the Blackpool Combat Club:
“I might not be the most popular guy backstage, but there’s a bigger world than AEW and I still got at least one or two very good friends that can even up the odds. This is not over.”
Many fans believe that Omega teased bringing in former IWGP World Heavyweight Champion Kota Ibushi, who is currently a Free Agent.
– MJF injured his forearm during the World Title match, when Darby Allin landed hard on it.
– Toni Storm defeated Jamie Hayter at Double Or Nothing to win the AEW Women’s World Championship. During the post-show media scrum, Toni was asked if she’d like to face Mercedes Mone (fka Sasha Banks in WWE) or have Mercedes join The Outcasts.
Below is what Toni said:
“I mean I don’t know about the group, I don’t know if she’s Outcast material, I’ll whoop her a$$ as well. I’ll break her other foot, it’ll be good.”
– After Goldberg’s WWE contract expired, Tony Khan had a talk with the WCW Legend about the possibility of wrestling in AEW. However, he noted that he has talked to Goldberg multiple times in the past, due to their connection to Football, and they have a good relationship because of it.
Khan didn’t shut down rumors of Goldberg having his retirement match in All Elite Wrestling during the media scrum and decided not to comment on the matter.
– During the media scrum, MJF teased the idea of going to WWE again and mentioned that Triple H & Nick Khan would love to have him there, and he said that right in front of Tony Khan.
You can watch Tony’s reaction below:
Tony's reaction when MJF mentioned Nick, HHH and WWE LMFAOOOOOO pic.twitter.com/phVsK0LRKp
— iBeast (@ibeastIess) May 29, 2023
– Tony Khan gave the following update about the All In 2023 PPV at Wembley Stadium:
“I haven’t released a new figure yet, but we’re roughly at 65,000 tickets. We’re well over the $8 million mark, with the exchange rate it changes with pounds, so when I say that, I mean $8 million, going on $9 million that we’re closing in on.”
Also Check Out: Fans Concerned For Jeff Hardy After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023