• “I could’ve died that day and that was the coolest thing ever” – Goldberg Recalls The Biggest Night Of His Career
On July 6, 1998, in the main event of WCW Nitro, WCW United States Heavyweight Champion Goldberg defeated Hollywood Hogan to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship.
That was the biggest victory of Goldberg’s career, as he defeated the biggest name in wrestling, but what happened after the show meant more to Bill.
Goldberg had the following to say about that night on The Roman Atwood podcast:
“It’s not because I won. It’s not because I was the champion. It’s not because I beat Scott Hall earlier in the night and I beat Hulk Hogan that night.
It was because at the end of the night, when we went off the air, the nWo handcuffed me to the corner turnbuckle and beat the living poo out of me. Well, you know who came to my aide? My Atlanta Falcons teammates.
That was absolutely the coolest thing ever, and for that one second, the guys I bled with, cried with and tried to be everyday, they wanted to be me. That was freaking cool.
I could’ve died that day and that was the coolest thing ever.”
WATCH: Lita Removes Trish Stratus’ Clothes:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (October 25, 1997) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1997, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Halloween Havoc 1997’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
– Disco Inferno vs. Barry Horowitz
– Dean Malenko vs. Mike Rapada
– Ray Traylor vs. Scott Norton
– Goldberg vs. Mike Anthony
– Ultimo Dragon vs. Silver King
– Fit Finlay vs. Barry Houston
– Lizmark jr. & Super Calo & Juventud Guerrera vs. La Parka & Psicosis & El Dandy
– Curt Hennig vs. Jim Powers
– The Giant vs. Konnan