• “I feel like trash” – CM Punk After Making His In-Ring Return In AEW
CM Punk made his return to pro-wrestling after 7 years and wrestled his first match in AEW at All Out.
Below are the results of Punk’s AEW matches so far:
1. CM Punk def. Darby Allin at AEW All Out 2021
2. CM Punk def. Powerhouse Hobbs on AEW Rampage
3. CM Punk def. Daniel Garcia on AEW Rampage
4. CM Punk def. Matt Sydal on AEW Rampage
During a recent interview with The Wrap, Punk was asked how he feels after returning to the ring after such a long time and taking bumps once again.
Here’s what the former WWE Champion said:
“Oh, I feel like trash, I’ll be honest. I’m 42 years old and I haven’t taken bumps in 7-plus years.
I think there’s something to building up a callus, to something you do on a regular basis becoming easier because you do it on a regular basis.
I think a lot of wrestlers are feeling this right now. The pandemic, when it shut everything down and it essentially killed house show business.
They’re not on the road, they’re not taking bumps Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. I think everybody kind of felt this awfulness of ‘Oh man, I’m wrestling less-frequently than I used to, but it feels worse somehow.’”
However, Punk’s AEW schedule definitely helps. Here’s what he said:
“[The schedule] is 100% better (now). I don’t gotta drive into a town and try to check into a hotel at 4:30 in the morning and find out there’s a clown convention in town and all the hotels are booked up.
The appealing schedule is one of the reasons I came back. The pandemic and the reset kind of made it to where the wrestlers have that better schedule and they have more say over – this is easier and this is the way it should be.
You can’t treat us like cattle, and that’s definitely an appeal.”
WATCH: Trish Stratus Shows Off Her Super Hot Buns:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (October 15, 1988) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Market Square Arena in Indianapolis, Indiana and featured matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1988’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Rick Rude vs. David Isley
2. Blue Blazer vs. Joe Cruz
3. Big Boss Man vs. Jim Evans
4. Hart Foundation vs. Rick Gantner & Tom Stone
5. Red Rooster vs. Lanny Poffo
6. Ron Bass vs. Mike Richards
7. Hercules vs. Barry Horowitz