• “I had explained that to Vince and we butted heads pretty hard” – Brock Lesnar Recalls His 2004 Situation
During an interview with News Day, WWE Champion Brock Lesnar talked about leaving the company in 2004 after his match with Goldberg at WrestleMania 20.
Lesnar talked about explaining his situation to Vince McMahon back then and Vince not being happy.
Below is what The Beast said:
“I really didn’t care at the time. I just wanted to get in that ring and get the hell out of there as fast as I could, because it was my last commitment to the company at the time.
I was in a good spot, but in a bad spot at the same time, because I wanted out of the company. I was still a young athlete and I had aspirations of doing other things.
At the time, WWE wasn’t enough for me. And I had explained that to Vince and we butted heads pretty hard, because I had just signed a new contract back then worth quite a bit of money at the time.
And so the company backed Brock Lesnar at the time, but I just wanted out. And looking back now — and Vince and I have talked about this — it’s water under the bridge.”
WATCH: Revealing Video Of Katie Forbes (Rob Van Dam’s Wife):
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (March 12, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Hersheypark Arena in Hershey, Pennsylvania and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF WrestleMania V’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Tito Santana vs. Bob Blake
– The Twin Towers vs. “Iron” Mike Sharpe & Mitch Casey
– Bad News Brown vs. Gino Carabello
– The Ultimate Warrior vs. Barry Horowitz
– The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers vs. Chris Duffy & Louis Robinson