• “I was concerned that I had lost the respect of Roman Reigns” – Ric Flair
In 2019, Ric Flair had a dispute with WWE over “The Man” trademark, which Becky Lynch was using.
Flair thought he lost Roman Reigns’ respect (who is the WWE’s #1 guy) due to this and he wanted to clear up the situation, as he still attends WWE shows every week despite not being used on TV and doesn’t want the current WWE stars to dislike him.
Here’s what The Nature Boy said on his Pop Up Show:
“I was concerned that I had lost the respect of Roman Reigns. When that whole ‘The Man’ thing went upside down, I had to file the trademark and whatever transpired, it means nothing now.
I walked right up to him and said, ‘Hey, it means a lot to me.’ You want the kids to look forward to you coming, not here he comes again. Especially when you have a daughter that is at the most elite position she can be in.
You don’t hear Bob Orton at home, and Bob was a huge star, complaining about anybody. Let bygones be bygones and let it go.”
WATCH: Charlotte Flair’s Revealing Photos:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 25, 1985) – WWF Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Championship Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Mid-Hudson Civic Center in Poughkeepsie, New York and featured matches & interviews on the road to the “WWF The Wrestling Classic” PPV.
You can find the match-card below:
1. The Junkyard Dog & Tito Santana vs. Matt Borne & Steve Lombardi
2. Greg Valentine vs. Jim Londos
3. Pedro Morales vs. Mr. X
4. Ken Patera vs. Gary Starr
5. Barry Windham, Mike Rotundo & Ricky Steamboat vs. George Steele, Iron Sheik & Nikolai Volkoff
6. Jimmy Snuka vs. AJ Petruzzi