• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (August 4, 1985) – WWF All American Wrestling
On this day in 1985, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF All American Wrestling’.
It included pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments and featured the 1985 WWF Superstars.
The card can be found right here:
Leaping Lanny Poffo & George Wells vs. Gino Carabello & Barry O
George Steele & Junk Yard Dog vs. Jerry Adams & A.J. Petruzzi
The British Bulldogs vs. Hart Foundation – match joined in progress (MSG)
Freddie Miller interviews Hillbilly Jim & Uncle Elmer
The Body Shop – Captain Lou Albano & George Steele
Mean Gene Okerlund interviews Leaping Lanny Poffo
The Killer Bees vs. Mr. X & Bolo
• Interesting Stats Regarding Brock Lesnar & Drew McIntyre Heading Into SummerSlam
It’s obvious by now that former WWE Champion “The Beast” Brock Lesnar won’t be working this year’s SummerSlam PPV.
With that being said, Lesnar’s streak of main eventing 6 SummerSlam PPVs in a row is coming to an end this year (the streak would’ve continued if it wasn’t for the COVID-19 pandemic, as the original plan for SummerSlam 2020 was Drew McIntyre vs. Brock Lesnar in a rematch).
You can check out Lesnar’s SummerSlam stats below:
– SummerSlam 2002: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2003: Co-Main Event
– SummerSlam 2012: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2013: Co-Main Event
– SummerSlam 2014: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2015: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2016: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2017: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2018: Main Event
– SummerSlam 2019: Main Event
With 8 main events at SummerSlam, Lesnar holds the record for the most number of main events in the history of the SummerSlam pay-per-view.
On the other hand, WWE Champion Drew McIntyre will have his 1st ever match at SummerSlam this year, where he’ll defend the WWE Championship against “The Legend Killer” Randy Orton in the main event.
Also Read: Possible New Location Of WWE SummerSlam 2020
WATCH: Brock Lesnar’s Wife, Sables’s Most Revealing Moment In WWF: