• “It’s irresponsible to go back” – Triple H On WWE No Longer Using Blood In Matches
Back in the day, WWE wrestlers used to perform blade jobs to bleed during matches, which was a vital part of some of the hardcore matches.
However, they stopped doing that 14 years ago, when WWE went PG in mid-2008.
During an interview with The Ringer, WWE’s Chief Content Officer Triple H had the following to say when asked why WWE doesn’t feature blood during match anymore:
“The world has changed. The world has evolved. I don’t think it’s necessary.
If we have talent that gets [cut open], usually you’ll see them roll out and they’ll get looked at to make sure that there’s nothing dangerous.
I’m just of the opinion right now, given the state of the world and the pandemic, and at the end of the day, what we do is dangerous enough without intentionally making it more dangerous.
Yes, we did [feature blood] for a long period of time, but we’ve changed that practice. And it’s irresponsible to go back.”
WATCH: Stephanie McMahon’s Buns Exposed By Triple H:
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (September 19, 2002) – WWE SmackDown!
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE SmackDown!’.
This episode was pre-taped from the World Arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE UNFORGIVEN 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Rey Mysterio & Torrie Wilson vs. Jamie Noble & Nidia
2. Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena
3. Eddie Guerrero & Chavo Guerrero vs. Edge & Rikishi
4. Matt Hardy vs. The Hurricane
5. Kurt Angle & Chris Benoit vs. Billy & Chuck