• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (September 14, 2000) – WWF SmackDown!
On this day in 2000, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF SmackDown!’.
It was pre-taped at the America West Arena in Phoenix, Arizona and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Unforgiven 2000’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Acolytes Rules: The APA vs. Chris Benoit & Kane
2. Right To Censor vs. Rikishi & Too Cool
3. T&A vs. Kurt Angle & Triple H
4. WWF Hardcore Title: Steve Blackman vs. Perry Saturn
5. Christian, Edge & X-Pac vs. Chris Jericho & The Hardy Boyz
6. Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz vs. The Rock & The Undertaker
• Jeff Hardy On Major Condition He Set For Re-Signing With WWE
While speaking to BT Sport, Intercontinental Champion Jeff Hardy discussed an important clause he demanded to be added into his WWE contract when he re-signed a deal with them.
Hardy said that he wanted WWE to give him back his old “No More Words” theme when live crowds return.
“And I said No More Words, if we do get in front of crowds, again. That was a part of me re-signing. I was like ‘if we do get back in front of people again, I would like to use No More Words again’. Because I know y’all want it… So that was the deal for me re-signing. So that’s gonna be the tick.
And man if we get back in front of crowds that’s gonna boost me even more hearing that music again, because I think the Hardy Boyz music is just for Matt and Jeff Hardy, not Jeff Hardy.”
🎶 Time has come and gone for word, A thousand threats I've heard before 🎶
As soon as crowds return, so does @JEFFHARDYBRAND's No More Words 😍
"It was a part of me re-signing, I know y'all want it…" pic.twitter.com/b9TqJoGYSl
— WWE on BT Sport (@btsportwwe) September 14, 2020
As we noted before, it’s been confirmed that the theme will be returning with the return of live crowds.
WATCH: Kelly Kelly Shows Off Her Super Hot Buns:
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.