• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (July 2, 1989) – WWF Wrestling Challenge
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Wrestling Challenge’.
It was broadcasted from the Metro Centre in Rockford, Illinois and featured pre-taped matches, promos & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1989’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– The Rockers vs. Tom Stone & Barry Horowitz
– Ted DiBiase vs. Bret Terry
– Superfly Jimmy Snuka vs. Scrub
– Dino Bravo vs. Ronnie Fails
– Mr. Perfect vs. Jim Evans
– The Big Boss Man & Akeem vs. Jim Powers & Tom Stock
– Terry Taylor vs. Scrub
• Jim Cornette Rips AEW Executives For Not Caring About Kayfabe
At AEW Fyter Fest, Cody Rhodes wrestled Darby Allin to a 20 minute time limit draw.
After the match, Shawn Spears (f.k.a Tye Dillinger in WWE) came to the ring and hit Cody in the head with a Steel Chair!
This was an unprotected chair shot to the head and Cody was busted open.
You can watch it below:
During the post-show media interviews, AEW executives openly revealed that the steel chair that Cody was hit with was actually “gimmicked”, but it still ended up hurting Cody.
Jim Cornette wasn’t happy at all with AEW executives not caring about kayfabe and tweeted the following:
These two simpering assholes, supposedly wrestling "executives", are talking about "Golly, we gimmicked the chair" after an angle on their own TV. Fake people, fake rasslers, lousy bullshit product. I knew from the start they couldn't possibly do this seriously. #InOverTheirHeads https://t.co/lmqy2gC3x9
— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) June 30, 2019