• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 13, 1996) – Heatwave 1996
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 13, 1996, Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling held ‘Heatwave 1996’ in the ECW Arena in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
The 1996 edition of ECW’s annual Heatwave event saw World Heavyweight Champion Raven compete in a 6-man Steel Cage main event, while TV Champion “Lionheart” Chris Jericho had to defend his title in a 4 corners match.
Sabu & Mikey Whipwreck were working twice that night, once together, challenging for the Tag Team titles and then later on in singles matches against different opponents.
Below are the full results from the show:
– The Gangstas wrestled Samoan Gangstas Party to a no-contest
– Mikey Whipwreck defeated Paul Lauria
– ECW World Tag Team Championship: The Eliminators defeated Sabu & Mikey Whipwreck
– The Dudley Brothers defeated The F.B.I.
– Tarzan Goto defeated Axl Rotten
– ECW World Television Championship: Shane Douglas defeated Chris Jericho, 2 Cold Scorpio and Pitbull #2
– Sabu defeated Louie Spicolli
– Steel Cage: The Sandman, Terry Gordy & Tommy Dreamer defeated Raven, Brian Lee & Stevie Richards
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & Extreme Rules 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R
• Jim Ross Reveals If He Knows Match Finishes In All Elite Wrestling
During a recent interview with Chris Van Vliet, WWE Hall of Famer & current All Elite Wrestling commentator Jim Ross was asked if he knows match finishes in AEW.
Below is what Good Ol’ JR said:
“Sometimes I hear them [the finishes] in passing in conversation, but everybody there knows including Cody when I meet with him an hour and a half/two hours before every show during the week. He knows I don’t wanna know them.
Because I’d rather react organically. I’d rather react in a real way. That might not be the way you want to do it with some broadcasters who have less experience. You may not trust judgement yet and I think in my situation, I think you can trust me.”