• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (May 21, 2000) – The Undertaker Returns With A New Gimmick
On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 2000, The Undertaker made his long awaited return to the WWF at Judgment Day 2000 PPV during the main event bout between Triple H & The Rock. This return is famous for the debut of Undertaker’s “American Bada$$” gimmick.
There was only 1 title change during the event and that was during the main event when Triple H won the WWF Title in a 60 minute Iron Man match.
Below are the results from the PPV:
– Too Cool (Rikishi, Grand Master Sexay, & Scotty 2 Hotty) def. Team ECK (Edge, Kurt Angle, & Christian)
– Eddie Guerrero (with Chyna) def. Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko in a Triple Threat Match to retain the WWF European Title
– Shane McMahon def. The Big Show in a Falls Count Anywhere Match
– Chris Benoit def. Chris Jericho in a Submission Match to retain the WWF Intercontinental Title
– D-Generation X (Road Dogg & X-Pac) def. The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von) in a Double Tables Match
– Triple H (with Stephanie McMahon-Helmsley) def. The Rock in an Iron Man Match with Shawn Michaels as special guest referee to win the WWF Title
You can watch The Undertaker’s return below:
• John Cena & Nikki Bella “Basically Back Together”
PEOPLE Magazine is reporting that John Cena & Nikki Bella are “basically back together”. Below is what PEOPLE Magazine reported:
“They’re basically back together. This was never really about ending their relationship— it was about calling off a wedding because something didn’t feel right. It was a wedding that was entered into under false pretenses. She was pretending she was okay with not having a kid, he was pretending he absolutely couldn’t and wouldn’t budge on that point. They both got a wake-up call once they canceled the wedding, and they both realized they could fix what was broken. He has poured his heart out to her, and she was more than ready to take him back once she heard what she needed to hear. He’s been saying and doing all the right things.”
We already noted before how WrestlingNewsCo’s source told them that all WWE wrestlers know that the John Cena – Nikki Bella breakup is a work and that plans are for them to get married later this year, possibly after their “breakup” airs of Total Bellas.
This was done to generate publicity for Total Bellas and the fact that WWE makes a lot of money from reality shows.