• WWE HISTORY (January 12, 2007) – WWE Friday Night SmackDown!
On this day in 2007, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Friday Night SmackDown!’.
This episode was broadcasted from the Peoria Civic Center in Peoria, Illinois and featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE Royal Rumble 2007’ PPV.
Here’s the official card from that night:
1. SmackDown Sprint: Finlay vs. Matt Hardy
2. Jimmy Wang Yang vs. Tatanka
3. Mr. Kennedy vs. Chris Benoit
4. WWE Tag Team Titles: Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. William Regal & Dave Taylor
5. SmackDown Sprint: MVP vs. Big Vito
6. SmackDown Sprint: The Undertaker vs. The Miz
12 years ago today, it was all about BEATING THE CLOCK as The #Undertaker squared off with @mikethemiz on #SmackDown! pic.twitter.com/47iTZPCXYc
— WWE (@WWE) January 13, 2019
• Kane Appears At WWE Live Event, Presents $100,000 Check (Video)
At tonight’s WWE Live Event in Knoxville Civic Coliseum in Knoxville, Tennessee, former WWF Champion Kane (a.k.a Mayor Glenn Jacobs) appeared and presented a $100,000 check to The Knoxville Public Safety Foundation on behalf of WWE.
As we noted last year, WWE promised to pay this amount in return for Kane working WWE Super Show-Down and WWE Crown Jewel PPVs in 2018.
You can watch Kane’s appearance below:
Below are the results from this WWE RAW Live Event:
– Lucha House Party def. The Revival
– Natalya def. Ruby Riott
– Sasha Banks, Bayley & Natalya def. The Riott Squad
– WWE Cruiserweight Championship Match: Buddy Murphy (c) def. Cedric Alexander to retain the Title.
– Kane made an appearance and presented a $100,000 check to The Knoxville Public Safety Foundation
– Intercontinental Championship Match: Dean Ambrose (c) def. Seth Rollins to retain the Title.
– No Way Jose, The B Team & Tyler Breeze def. Jinder Mahal, Sunil Singh, Viktor & Mojo Rawley
– Drew McIntyre def. Elias
– No DQ Match: John Cena def. Baron Corbin
WATCH: Natalya Suffers Wardrobe Malfunction: