Let us take a look at the top 8 WWE News & Professional Wrestling stories of the hour:
8. Who Won Last Week’s Brand Extension Ratings War?
As we noted before, the viewership for last week’s episode of Raw dropped below the 3 million mark. Last week’s show, which was headlined by Cesaro vs. Rusev for the United States Championship, drew 2.91 million viewers. This is down from previous week’s 3.34 million viewers.
This was the lowest viewed non-holiday episode of Raw of the modern era. Below are the 3 lowest rated Raw episodes of 2016:
– July 4th Episode: 1.87 rating
– June 13th Episode: 2.03 rating
– August 8th Episode: 2.05 rating
The viewership for last week’s episode of SmackDown Live, which was headlined by a tag team match between Ziggler/Ambrose & Wyatt/Rowan, drew 2.46 million viewers. This is down from previous week’s 2.68 million viewers.
So this means SmackDown Live lost the ratings war for the third week in a row.
7. Roman Reigns & Finn Balor Team Up In Adelaide
Roman Reigns and Finn Balor, who recently faced off in the main event of the first episode of Raw after the Brand Extension, teamed up during a WWE Live Event in Adelaide, Australia. Below are the results from the show:
– Apollo Crews def. Sheamus
– Braun Strowman def. Jey Uso
– WWE Tag Team Championship Match: New Day (c) def. Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson to retain the Titles.
– United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) def. Titus O’Neil to retain the Title.
– Roman Reigns and Finn Balor def. Seth Rollins and Chris Jericho
– WWE Women’s Championship Match: Sasha Banks (c) def. Charlotte to retain the Title.
– Sami Zayn def. Kevin Owens
– John Cena def. AJ Styles
— Daily Ambrollins (@DailyAmbrollins) August 12, 2016
— Joseph. (@wrasslinjoe) August 12, 2016