• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (December 11, 1989) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, studio interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF No Holds Barred: The Match/The Movie’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Dusty Rhodes vs. The Brooklyn Brawler (11/21/89; Ft. Wayne, IN; Allen County War Memorial)
– Nikolai Volkoff vs. Jose Luis Rivera (10/29/89; Maple Leaf Gardens)
– The Genius vs. Hillbilly Jim (10/8/89; Maple Leaf Gardens)
– The Big Bossman vs. Larry Lawson (WWF Superstars – 11/20/89; Indianapolis, IN; Market Square Arena)
– Jim Duggan vs. Akeem (10/8/89; Maple Leaf Gardens)
– The Bushwhackers vs. Barry Horowitz & Tom Stone (11/21/89; Ft. Wayne, IN; Allen County War Memorial)
– Ted DiBiase vs. Reno Riggins (WWF Superstars – 11/20/89; Indianapolis, IN; Market Square Arena)
– WWF Tag Team Champions Demolition vs. Todd Becker & Tony Burton (11/20/89; Indianapolis, IN; Market Square Arena)
– Tito Santana vs. The Honkytonk Man (11/20/89; Indianapolis, IN; Market Square Arena)
• Lana Reacts To CM Punk’s WrestleMania 36 Plan
This week’s episode of WWE Backstage on FS1 at 11 PM EST, which featured the return of CM Punk on the show, drew 127,000 viewers.
This is down from previous week’s 138,000 viewers (which featured Seth Rollins as a special guest).
On WWE Backstage, Punk gave the following WrestleMania 36 plan for Lana – Lashley – Rusev storyline:
“They have a match, they have a blow off. I don’t think Rusev wants to be involved with Lana anymore on-screen.
So, Lana and Bobby go off and do their thing, but Lana grinds on the nerves, Bobby is sick of her. He leaves Lana too, they have another divorce.
She gets another tag team to go after Bobby and Rusev, who have become best friends because they have the familiar: the ex-wife.
This new tag team with Lana in tow go after them. What they do at WrestleMania, they put Lana in a shark cage because by WrestleMania the new tag team is already so sick of Lana that the loser of the match gets what’s in the shark cage.”
— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) December 11, 2019
— CM Pumpkinpie (@CMPunk) December 11, 2019
Below is what Lana replied to Punk:
I know you’ve been away from @WWE for several years. Perhaps moving forward, you will favor #WWE and @FS1 by refraining from misogynistic comments like “chica.” Thank you. #WWEBackstage https://t.co/aiPzcNI83n
— CJ “Lana” Perry (@LanaWWE) December 11, 2019
WATCH: Super Hot Close-Up Of Lana Kissing Bobby Lashley: