• OLD SCHOOL VIDEO HISTORY (December 19, 1981) – Georgia Championship Wrestling
On this day in 1981, Georgia Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV Show, also called ‘Georgia Championship Wrestling ‘.
The show featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments featuring several GCW Wrestlers, presented by Gordon Solie.
Here’s the card:
– Mike Davis vs. Ken Timbs
– Mr. Wrestling #2 vs. Jim Gallagher
– Ron Bass vs. Rick Thor
– Brad Armstrong vs. Rick Benefield
– Buzz Sawyer vs. Bob Russell
– The Assassin, The Masked Superstar & the Super Destroyer vs. Don Gilbert, Cubby Carlisle & El Gran Apollo
– Tommy Rich vs. Ed Timbs
– The Masked Superstar & the Super Destroyer vs. Jim Gallagher & Bob Russell
– Ricky Harris vs. Pete Martin
– Buzz Sawyer vs. Mike Davis
– Bob & Brad Armstrong vs. Marvin Turner & Jack Poure
– Also on the program: Mr. Wrestling #2, Big Red, Leroy Brown, Ole Anderson, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes and Michael Hayes
• Latest Update On Daniel Bryan’s Status After Possibly Getting Hurt On SmackDown
In the main event of last night’s SmackDown Live, the team of AJ Styles & Mustafa Ali defeated the team of WWE Champion Daniel Bryan & Andrade “Cien” Almas.
SmackDown’s newest full-time wrestler, Mustafa Ali, picked up the win for his team when he hit his 054 finisher on Bryan and pinned the WWE Champion!
However, Bryan may have been hurt during this ending sequence as Ali landed hard on Bryan’s arm & throat/collarbone area.
You can watch it below:
WWE’s ringside doctors immediately came to check on Bryan after the match was over.
Bryan managed to head to the back without any help, but he didn’t carry the WWE Title with him.
A fan in attendance noted that the scene was “a little ugly”. You could even hear Ali saying “I’m sorry” to Bryan in the end.
Ali reportedly heavily apologized to Bryan backstage as well.
According to the Dirty Sheets, there was major concern for Bryan backstage in WWE after that spot and he was asked to immediately undergo a concussion test by WWE officials.
The result of the test was that Bryan didn’t suffer a concussion. Bryan later went on to get physical during the taping of next week’s episode of SmackDown (which took place after last night’s show went off the air).
However, Bryan might be taken off from this weekend’s WWE Live Events so that he can take some rest and make sure everything is fine.
WATCH: Lana Enjoying Herself In A Bikini: