• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (September 30, 1989) – WWF Superstars of Wrestling
On this day in 1989, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Superstars of Wrestling’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Civic Center in Portland, Maine and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Survivor Series 1989’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. Boris Zhukov vs. Jimmy Snuka
2. Dale Wolfe vs. Dusty Rhodes
3. Bad News Brown vs. Elmer Johnson
4. Gary Wolfe & Tony Durante vs. The Fabulous Rougeaus
5. Barry Horowitz vs. Brutus Beefcake
6. Rick Rude vs. Terry Daniels
• Major Reason Behind WWE Booking The Fiend To Win The Universal Title
According to The Dirty Sheets, WWE is expected to make an additional $2 million from The Fiend merchandise this Halloween.
This is one of the reasons why WWE is going to put the Universal Championship on The Fiend, as WWE prioritise profits over storylines.
While a slow-burn run for The Fiend going after the Universal Title would’ve made sense, WWE is now guaranteed to make more money during the WrestleMania financial quarter because of The Fiend’s rise.
With Bray Wyatt’s Fiend merchandise being hot and with him main eventing Hell In A Cell 2019 PPV this Sunday night and then headlining future WWE Live Events as the Universal Champion, Dirty Sheets’ source noted that Wyatt is expected to receive over $200,000 in November.
Also, Wyatt is expected to continue to receive bonuses of around $100,000 after that until WrestleMania 36, where The Fiend merchandise is expected to occupy a large section of WrestleMania Axxess.