• Old School WWF Veteran Celebrates His Birthday
Old School WWF Attitude Era Veteran Gangrel (Real name: David Heath) celebrates his 50th birthday today.
After doing jobs for all the two big promotions of the 90s (WWF/WCW) under his real name, he joined the World Wrestling Federation full-time in the summer of 1998 and was given the name Gangrel.
Gangrel, who portrayed a vampire gimmick, became famous as the leader of the faction ‘The Brood’ with Edge & Christian … and later on as the leader of ‘The New Brood’ featuring The Hardy Boyz.
He returned briefly in 2004 to wrestle The Undertaker, and again in 2007 to participate in the 15-man battle royal on the 15th Anniversary WWE Raw special.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY GANGREL!
• Major Update On All Elite Wrestling’s Complete Schedule For 2019 (Including TV Tapings)
All Elite Wrestling’s May 25th show, Double Or Nothing, got sold out within 4 minutes.
AEW Executive Vice President Cody Rhodes shared the following interesting information regarding Double Or Nothing being sold out:
• Tickets purchased from all 50 states domestically(plus Puerto Rico / D.C)
• 9 countries. Canada, UK, Mexico, Australia, Costa Rica, Finland, Germany, Panama, Austria
• 1st same day sellout for pro-wrestling in Vegas ever!
Thank you fans for going “all in” on this dream. pic.twitter.com/F5oi8A7uDu
— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) February 13, 2019
Chris Jericho claimed that he’s the reason why the show sold out and you can watch his promo below:
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 14, 2019
Below is what Old School WWF Legend The Rock tweeted regarding this:
God I love when you cut baby face promos 😂👏🏾 Great shit Mongoose! Congrats on the sell out!! 💪🏾
— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) February 14, 2019
According to WrestleTalk, below is All Elite Wrestling’s current schedule for 2019:
– May 25: Double Or Nothing at the MGM Grand Arena, Las Vegas
– June 2019: Unnamed show (believed to be in USA)
– July 2019: Unnamed show in Jacksonville, Florida with a portion of the proceeds going to anti-gun crime charities
– August 2019: Royal Albert Hall, London, England
– September 2019: ALL OUT – ALL IN’s official sequel and the complete launch of the AEW brand prior to TV tapings. This is expected to take place in Sears Center in Chicago (same venue for ALL IN)
– October 2019: Weekly TV show begins