• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (November 24, 1988) – WWF Survivor Series 1988
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 24, 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired ‘WWF Survivor Series 1988’ LIVE on PPV from the Richfield Coliseum in Richfield Township, Ohio.
The pay-per-view had the tagline “Teams of Five Strive to Survive”.
This was the 2nd annual ‘Survivor Series’ event since it started in 1987.
Here are the results:
– Survivor Series elimination match: The Blue Blazer, Brutus Beefcake, Jim Brunzell, Sam Houston & The Ultimate Warrior defeated The Honky Tonk Man, Ron Bass, Dangerous Danny Davis, Bad News Brown & Greg Valentine
– Survivor Series tag team elimination match: The Powers of Pain, The Rockers, The British Bulldogs, The Hart Foundation & The Young Stallions defeated Demolition, The Brain Busters, The Bolsheviks, The Fabulous Rougeaus & The Conquistadors
– Survivor Series elimination match: André the Giant, Dino Bravo, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude & Harley Race defeated Jake Roberts, Jim Duggan, Ken Patera, Scott Casey & Tito Santana
– Survivor Series elimination match: Hercules, Hillbilly Jim, Koko B. Ware, Hulk Hogan & Randy Savage defeated Akeem, Big Boss Man, Haku, The Red Rooster & Ted DiBiase
• Mark Henry Tells An Incredible Ronda Rousey Story – Says She Might Be One Of The Toughest Humans Alive
During a recent edition of Busted Open Radio, WWE Hall of Famer Mark Henry revealed an incredible story about RAW Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey.
Below is what Henry said:
“Maybe it’s not for me to tell this story, but I’ll let the cat out the bag.
I heard, because I was talking about having stem cells to help my knee and hip flexor. So, I had the surgery when I had my knee done, and they drill into your hip bones and they pull out the marrow. They spin it, create a serum and inject it into wherever you need it to help.
I was put under to get that done. When I woke up, I was in as much pain as any surgery or injury I ever had because of the sensitive area of your hips. I heard that Ronda Rousey had the stem cells before and they didn’t use anesthesia to put her under.
They drilled into her hips and extracted the stem cells while she was awake. It hurt her but she was able to do it.
And I’m going to tell you guys right now. I could not have done that. I woke up in so much pain that I was begging for medicine to put me back asleep. I said, ‘give me medicine. I don’t want to feel this, it hurts’.
And she did that awake? Golly that’s got to count for being one of the toughest humans alive – not just in wrestling, period.”