• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (November 23, 1996) – WCW Saturday Night
On this day in 1996, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW Saturday Night’.
This episode was pre-taped at the Disney/MGM Studios in Orlando, Florida and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW World War 3 1996’ PPV.
The card of the show can be found here:
1. Meng & The Barbarian vs. Ciclope & Galaxy
2. Kevin Sullivan vs. Scotty Riggs
3. Chris Jericho vs. Sgt. Craig Pittman
4. Arn Anderson vs. Bunkhouse Buck
5. Jacques Rougeau & Carl Outlette vs. Mark Starr & KC Thompson
6. Jeff Jarrett vs. Mike Enos
7. Lord Steven Regal vs. Dean Malenko
• ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY (November 23, 1996) – The Mass Transit Incident
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on November 23, 1996, ECW hosted an untelevised House Show at the Wonderland Greyhound Park in Revere, Massachusetts.
This event included the infamous “Mass Transit Incident” which saw the pro wrestling debut of 17 year old “Mass Transit” (Real name: Erich Kulas), who had lied to promoter Paul Heyman about his age and his professional wrestling training (he had none).
Before his Tag Team match, Mass Transit requested New Jack to do the blade-job for him, but was eventually cut too deep by the experienced Hardcore Wrestler, so the match turned into a bloodbath rather quickly.
Only Fan-Cam video footage exists of this incident and you can watch it below:
Mass Transit was escorted out of the arena with medical attention.
Mass Transit passed away at the age of 22 in 2002 due to complications from gastric bypass surgery.