• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (November 23, 1998) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1998, the World Wrestling Federation aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Schottenstein Center in Columbus, Ohio and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF Capital Carnage 1998’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Headbangers vs. The Oddities (Golga & Kurrgan)
2. Steve Blackman vs. The Blue Blazer
3. The Brood (Edge & Gangrel) vs. D-Lo Brown & Mark Henry
4. Goldust vs. Marc Mero
5. WWF Hardcore Title: Mankind vs. Ken Shamrock vs. Big Bossman
6. WWF Light Heavyweight Title: Duane Gill vs. Christian
7. The JOB Squad (Bob Holly & Scorpio) vs. New Age Outlaws
8. WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Rock vs. X-Pac
• Jake Roberts Talks About How Getting Drugs In WWF Was Like Grocery Shopping, How He Would Hide Drugs In His Snake Bag
During a recent appearance on Joe Rogan Experience, WWE Hall of Famer Jake “The Snake” Roberts talked about how easy it was to get drugs back in WWF and how he used to carry other guys’ drugs with him and hide it in his snake bag.
Below is what Roberts said:
“What they would do is, we would get booked in Hershey, Pennsylvania. Now when somebody told me this story at first I thought, ‘This is an old wives tale because sh*t like that don’t really happen.’ You get there in town in Hershey, you get to the locker room and all of a sudden somebody says ‘They need to see you in locker room 3’ … ‘What the f*** did I do?’
I go in there and there was this doctor there and he’d have suitcases here, boxes over here, suitcases over there, boxes there – ‘What’ya need, kid?’ – ‘Excuse me?’ – ‘What’ya need? Up, down, what?’
I’d be like, ‘Oh Halcion those look good how many can I have?’ — ‘300, done.’
Steroids – ‘Absolutely, what’ya got?’ I’ll take that, and I’ll take that, I’ll take that. It was like grocery shopping. It used to be funny because the guys would always be like, ‘Hey Jake, will you carry my sh*t for me?’ We’d be going to Canada and I’d be like, ‘Sure, it’s gonna cost you a percentage of your sh*t — give me 10% of what you got I’ll carry it across the border for you.’
So I got ten guys, I’m holding their sh*t, where am I hiding it? In the Snake bag for crying out loud!
You put it in the bottom of the snake bag and they go to check it I say, ‘You go right ahead brother, but I’m telling you right now… I’m moving back cause that motherf***er is pi$$ed… he hasn’t eaten in 3 weeks and if he bites you well, when he bites you try to hold still because if you jerk it’s going to rip your flesh’.”