• Mick Foley Reacts To Reports Of Bret Hart Signing A Lucrative Deal With WWE
AEW has partnered up with Martha Hart to do the Men’s & Women’s Owen Hart Foundation tournaments.
The finals of both tournaments will take place at the Double Or Nothing 2022 pay-per-view next month.
Fans are expecting 2-time WWE Hall Of Famer Bret Hart to show up, but he won’t.
AEW Officials believe Bret has signed with WWE and isn’t allowed to appear in All Elite Wrestling.
This is the reason why Bret is managing FTR at an indy event and not on AEW TV, despite FTR and Young Bucks teasing the arrival of Bret for weeks.
Below is what the Wrestling Observer reported about Bret’s status:
“The reason this is on an indy show and not AEW is that those in AEW are of the belief that Hart quietly signed a lucrative WWE deal that would ban him from appearing on AEW shows. But he is allowed to do indy shows, so that loophole allowed this to happen.
This also means they believe he can’t be part of the Owen Hart tournament presentation.”
Apparently WWE Hall Of Famer Mick Foley wants a similar lucrative deal and tweeted the following to FTR:
“Dear @DaxFTR and @CashWheelerFTR – can you guys start mentioning me on here and tag @VinceMcMahon in?
— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) April 23, 2022
WATCH: Natalya Suffers V-Slip:
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (April 28, 1990) – NWA PRO
On this day in 1990, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW PRO’.
This episode featured pre-taped matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘NWA Capital Combat 1990’ PPV.
The card can be found below:
– Mean Mark Callous vs. Dino Hernandez
– Jim Cornette Interview
– Brian Pillman & Tom Zenk vs. Pat Rose & The Cajun Predator
– The Steiner Brothers vs. Galaxian I & Manny Villabos
– The Samoan Swat Team vs. Ned Brady & Rick Fargo
– Zenk & Pillman Interview
– Kevin Sullivan, Bam bam Bigelow & Cactus Jack Manson vs. Mike Rotunda, Norman & Abdullah The Butcher
– Rock N Roll Express Interview