• Mike Chioda On Why Vince McMahon Doesn’t Want Referees’ Names Mentioned On TV
Former WWE referee Mike Chioda recently spoke to Conrad Thompson to answer questions of fans.
A fan asked him why Vince McMahon doesn’t want referees to be called by their names most of the times on TV.
Below is what he replied:
“It was one night at TV on a RAW show. Vince kept hearing the referee’s name and he didn’t know who that referee was. I don’t want to say his name, but he just didn’t recognize the referee at all.
He heard the announcers saying referees’ names too many times. He had a fit right there and said, ‘I don’t want to hear anymore referees’ names on TV at all. Do not mention their names anymore.’
Ever since that night, they stopped announcing referees’ names. He thought the referees’ names took up too much time on the broadcast show.”
WATCH: AEW Wrestler Tay Conti’s Big Buns (Part 1):
You can download our official WrestleFeed mobile app to check out more Wrestling news & Divas content. Tap here to download.
• ON THIS DAY IN WWE HISTORY (November 18, 2002) – WWE Monday Night RAW
On this day in 2002, World Wrestling Entertainment aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWE Monday Night RAW’.
It was broadcasted from Bridgeport, Connecticut and featured matches & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWE Armageddon 2002’ PPV.
Here’s the match-card:
1. Bubba Ray & D-Von & Spike Dudley vs. Rosey & Jamal & Rico
2. William Regal & Lance Storm vs. Tommy Dreamer & Jeff Hardy
3. Victoria vs. Stacy Keibler
4. School Of Hard Knocks Match: Christopher Nowinski vs. Al Snow
5. Rob Van Dam vs. Chris Jericho vs. Booker T