• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (September 19, 1993) – WCW Fall Brawl 1993
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on September 19, 1993, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Fall Brawl 1993: War Games’ LIVE on PPV from the Astro Arena Center in Houston, Texas.
This was the first ever ‘Fall Brawl’ pay-per-view, which became an annual WCW PPV event that lasted from 1993 till 2000.
The results are here:
– WCW World Television Championship: Lord Steven Regal defeated Ricky Steamboat (c)
– Charlie Norris defeated Big Sky
– 2 Cold Scorpio & Marcus Bagwell defeated The Equalizer & Paul Orndorff
– Ice Train defeated Shanghai Pierce
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Nasty Boys defeated Arn Anderson and Paul Roma (c)
– Cactus Jack defeated Yoshi Kwan
– WCW International World Heavyweight Championship: Rick Rude defeated Ric Flair (c)
– WarGames: Sting, Davey Boy Smith, Dustin Rhodes and The Shockmaster defeated Sid Vicious, Vader and Harlem Heat
• More Details Regarding Brock Lesnar – Kofi Kingston Feud
As seen on this week’s SmackDown, “The Beast” Brock Lesnar returned and challenged Kofi Kingston to a WWE Championship match on SmackDown’s 20th anniversary episode (which will also be SmackDown’s debut on FOX) on October 4th.
Lesnar then laid out Kofi with a vicious F5. You can watch it below:
In an update to this, we can confirm that this won’t be a short feud, as a face-to-face confrontation between Kingston & Lesnar is being advertised for the November 15th edition of Friday Night SmackDown.
This confrontation takes place more than a month after their WWE Title match on the October 4th edition of SmackDown.
While the above graphic states Kofi as the WWE Champion, that might change after October 4.
WATCH: Trish Stratus Strips: