15. Rumor Killer On Kevin Owens, Sami Zayn Receives A WWE Title Match
As we noted before, “The Phenomenal” AJ Styles defeated Kevin Owens at a recent WWE Live Event in Madison Square Garden to win the United States Championship. This began speculation that Owens might be injured and that might have been the reason behind WWE booking such a big Title change at a non-televised show.
However, that’s not the case. Owens worked a SmackDown Live Event in Corpus Christi, TX and is still scheduled for all the future SmackDown Live Events. Owens lost a Triple Threat match for the US Title to AJ Styles (the match also involved Baron Corbin).
Also at this event, former NXT Champion Sami Zayn received a WWE Championship match in the main event and you can read the results from this Live Event below:
– SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match: The Usos (c) def. American Alpha, The Hype Bros & The New Day to retain the Titles.
– Shinsuke Nakamura def. Dolph Ziggler
– Sin Cara def. Aiden English
– SmackDown Women’s Champion Naomi, Charlotte Flair & Becky Lynch def. Ms. Money In The Bank Carmella, Natalya & Tamina Snuka
– United States Championship Match: AJ Styles (c) def. Kevin Owens & Mr. Money In The Bank Baron Corbin to retain the Title.
– WWE Championship Match: Jinder Mahal (c) def. Sami Zayn to retain the Title.