• ON THIS DAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY (July 11, 1999) – WCW Bash at the Beach 1999
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 11, 1999, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1999’ LIVE on PPV from the National Car Rental Center in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
This was the 6th out of 7 annual Bash at the Beach pay-per-views the WCW aired from 1994 to 2000.
Here are the results from that night:
– Ernest Miller defeated Disco Inferno
– WCW World Television Championship: Rick Steiner (c) defeated Van Hammer
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: David Flair (c) defeated Dean Malenko
– Elimination: The No Limit Soldiers defeated The West Texas Rednecks
– Fit Finlay won the Junkyard Invitational
– WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Jersey Triad (c) defeated Perry Saturn & Chris Benoit
– Boxing match: Buff Bagwell defeated Roddy Piper
– WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Randy Savage & Sid Vicious defeated Kevin Nash (c) & Sting
• New WWE Stage To Have Attitude Era Feel
WrestleVotes recently reported that WWE will be debuting a new stage/set for their weekly TV shows soon.
In an update to this, Brad Shepard is reporting that the new stage will have an Attitude Era feel:
“A lot of people have asked about the new stage designs and I’m told that it will have an Attitude Era feel to them — very bold and they’ll be essentially a bit 3d-ish, a bit in your face and the new sets will be coming soon enough.”
For those who don’t know, all these changes are being made to make WWE look a lot superior than AEW when AEW’s TV show launches on TNT this October.
Announcement: Please download our official “WrestleFeed” app for the latest WWE News & Extreme Rules 2019 updates!
Below are the download links for our Android/iOS app:
Android – http://bit.ly/2IVQ3yU
iOS – https://apple.co/2Oido0R