• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (January 7, 2001) – ECW Guilty as Charged 2001
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on January 7, 2001, Paul Heyman’s Extreme Championship Wrestling aired ‘ECW Guilty as Charged 2001’ LIVE on PPV from the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, New York.
This was the last ever ECW pay-per-view (not counting the 2005 & 2006 ECW PPVs produced by the WWE) before the company closed its doors a week later.
Most of the big names from the promotion’s past, such as Sabu, Shane Douglas, Raven, Taz, The Dudley Boyz, Mike Awesome and Perry Saturn, had already been gone at this point in time.
The results can be found here:
– Cyrus & Jerry Lynn defeated The Bad Street Boys
– ECW World Tag Team Championship: Danny Doring & Roadkill (c) defeated Hot Commodity
– Nova defeated Chris Hamrick
– “I Quit”: Tommy Dreamer defeated C.W. Anderson
– 3 way – #1 contenders (Tag Team Titles): The Unholy Alliance defeated Kid Kash & Super Crazy and The F.B.I.
– Simon and Swinger wrestled Balls Mahoney & Chilly Willy to a no-contest
– Tables, Ladders, Chairs & Canes – ECW World Heavyweight Championship: The Sandman defeated Steve Corino (c) and Justin Credible
– ECW World Heavyweight Championship: Rhino defeated The Sandman (c)
– Rob Van Dam defeated Jerry Lynn
• NXT Star Pays Tribute To Hulk Hogan With The Leg Drop – All Wrestlers Take A Bump (Video)
At a recent NXT Live Event, The Velveteen Dream paid tribute to WWE Hall of Famer “The Immortal” Hulk Hogan by doing the Hogan ear taunts and then hitting the Leg Drop.
While Velveteen Dream delivered the Leg Drop to only one wrestler, all the other wrestlers also ended up taking a bump just for fun.
You can watch it below: