• ON THIS DAY IN WWF HISTORY (May 31, 1999) – WWF RAW IS WAR
On this day in 1999, the World Wrestling Federation aired another episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF RAW IS WAR’.
It was broadcasted from the Mark of the Quad in Moline, Illinois and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF King of the Ring 1999’ PPV.
Here’s the card:
1. The Big Show vs. Billy Gunn
2. Beaver Cleavage vs. Christian
3. WWF Intercontinental Title: Jeff Jarrett vs. The Godfather
4. Vince McMahon vs. The Undertaker
5. Road Dogg vs. Big Bossman
6. WWF World Tag Titles: The Acolytes vs. Kane & X-Pac
7. Val Venis vs. Ken Shamrock
8. Hardcore Match: Triple H vs. Mankind
9. WWF World Heavyweight Title: The Undertaker vs. Steve Austin
• NXT Wrestler Set To Join RAW Soon
WWE is calling more NXT wrestlers to the WWE main roster this year than they usually do.
Angel Garza, Austin Theory, The Forgotten Sons and Bianca Belair have already made their debut. Former NXT Tag Team Champion Matt Riddle is set to arrive on SmackDown soon.
The next NXT call-up is rumored to be Dominick Dijakovic. The Wrestling Observer is reporting that Dijakovic will be called up to RAW soon:
“Dijakovic is going to be on RAW. I don’t know when, but pretty darn soon.”
Dijakovic hasn’t been on NXT since the May 6th episode, so his debut looks inevitable.