On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1990, The Great American Bash 1990 took place.
Sting won his first ever World Heavyweight Title when he defeated Ric Flair in the main event to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Big Van Vader made his WCW debut on this event. Below are the results from the event:
– Doug Furnas def. Dutch Mantel
– Mike Rotunda def. The Iron Sheik
– Brian Pillman def. Buddy Landell
– Doom def. The Rock N’ Roll Express to retain the the NWA World Tag Team Championship
– Paul Orndorff, Junkyard Dog & El Gigante def. Sid Vicious, Arn Anderson & Barry Windham via DQ
– Harley Race def. Tommy Rich
– Big Van Vader def. Tom Zenk
– Rick & Scott Steiner def. The Freebirds (Jimmy Garvin & Michael Hayes)
– The Midnight Express (Dennis Condrey and Stan Lane) def. The Southern Boys (Tracy Smothers and Steve Armstrong) to
retain the NWA United States Tag Team Championship
– Lex Luger def. Mark Callous to retain the NWA United States Championship
– Sting def. Ric Flair to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship
This was the last Great American Bash event produced under the NWA name. 6 years later on this day, the biggest heel turn in Professional History happened – Click Here.
You can watch the main event bout for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship between “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair and Sting below: