On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1996, the biggest heel turn in the history of professional happened at WCW Bash at the Beach 1996.
Hulk Hogan joined the Outsiders, Scott Hall & Kevin Nash, to form the New World Order.
The main event for the PPV was The Outsiders and their mystery partner taking on Randy Savage, Sting & Lex Luger. Hulk Hogan came out during the ending moments of the match and hit a leg drop on Savage and turned heel. Below are the results from the PPV:
* Rey Mysterio Jr. def. Psicosis
* John Tenta def. Big Bubba Rogers in a Carson City Silver Dollar Match
* Diamond Dallas Page def. Hacksaw Duggan in a Taped Fist match
* The Nasty Boys def. The Public Enemy in a Double Dog Collar Chain match
* Dean Malenko def. Disco Inferno to retain the WCW Cruiserweight Championship
* Steve McMichael def. Joe Gomez
* Ric Flair def. Konnan to win the WCW United States Championship
* The Giant and Kevin Sullivan def. Arn Anderson and Chris Benoit
* Kevin Nash, Scott Hall & Mystery Partner vs. Randy Savage, Sting & Lex Luger ended in a no contest.