On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 2005, WWE Judgment Day 2005 PPV took place & was a SmackDown-exclusive event. 4 Titles were on the line & no title change took place.
The main event was an “I Quit” match for the WWE Championship between then WWE Champion John Cena & JBL. This was one of the most bloodiest matches in WWE history with Cena’s face completely covered in blood by the end of the match.
In other title matches, MNM defeated Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles, Paul London defeated Chavo Guerrero to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title, Orlando Jordan defeated Heidenreich to retain the WWE United States Title.
Below are the results from the PPV:
* MNM (Joey Mercury & Johnny Nitro) def. Hardcore Holly & Charlie Haas to retain the WWE Tag Team Titles
* Carlito (with Matt Morgan) def. The Big Show
* Paul London def. Chavo Guerrero to retain the WWE Cruiserweight Title
* Booker T def. Kurt Angle
* Orlando Jordan def. Heidenreich to retain the WWE United States Title
* Rey Mysterio Jr. def. Eddie Guerrero via DQ
* John Cena def. JBL in an “I Quit” match to retain the WWE Title
It’s interesting to note that on this same day in 2011, John Cena was involved in another “I Quit” match. He defeated The Miz to retain the WWE Title this time as well. John Cena is undefeated in “I Quit” matches till now.
Below is a photo of John Cena after his match at Judgment Day 2005: