On this day in Pro Wrestling history in 1998, WWF Survivor Series 1998: Deadly Game took place. This event featured a 14-man tournament to crown a new WWF World Champion.
The shortest match in WWF/E history took place at this event when The Rock pinned Big Boss Man in 3 seconds during their tournament match. Mr. McMahon recreated the Montreal Screwjob scene (which happened the previous year at the same event) in the main event when The Rock put Mankind in a Sharpshooter and McMahon ordered to ring the bell. The Rock turned heel and joined the Corporation. This was Rock’s first WWF World Title victory. Below are the results from the PPV:
– Mankind def. Duane Gill
– Al Snow def. Jeff Jarrett
– “Stone Cold” Steve Austin def. Big Boss Man via DQ
– X-Pac vs. Steven Regal ended in a Double-Countout
– Ken Shamrock def. Goldust
– The Rock def. Big Boss Man in 3 seconds.
– The Undertaker def. Kane
– Mankind def. Al Snow
– The Rock def. Ken Shamrock
– WWF Women’s Title Match: Sable def. Jacqueline to win the Title.
– Mankind def. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
– The Rock def. The Undertaker via DQ
– Triple Threat WWF Tag Team Title Match: The New Age Outlaws def. D’Lo Brown & Mark Henry and The Headbangers to retain the Titles.
– WWF World Title Match: The Rock def. Mankind to win his 1st WWF Title & turns heel. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7dBPXYowGk