On this day in wrestling history in 2002, the 459th episode of Raw was aired live from Joe Louis Arena in Detroit, Michigan. It was the go home edition of Raw for WrestleMania 18.
This Raw’s card was pretty stacked up and better than the pay-per-views that we get to watch nowadays. The main event for the evening was “Stone Cold” Steve Austin & The Rock taking on The nWo (Hollywood Hulk Hogan, Scott Hall, Kevin Nash).
This was one of the biggest main events in Monday Night Raw’s history and we don’t get to see huge matches like this one on free TV anymore. nWo won the match after Hogan hit Rock with the leg drop.
Stone Cold attacked Hogan after the match was over but nWo took him out as well. Below are the results from that Raw episode:
– The Hardy Boyz (Matt and Jeff) & Rob Van Dam defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray & D-Von) & WWF Intercontinental Champion William Regal
– Test defeated Rikishi
– Al Snow defeated WWF Hardcore Champion Goldust to win the title
– Kurt Angle & Booker T defeated Big Show & Edge
– Christian defeated WWF Tag Team Champion Billy, after Diamond Dallas Page interfered and hit the Diamond Cutter on Billy. After the match, Christian attacked Page, which set up their match at WrestleMania for Page’s European Title
– Stacy Keibler & WWF Women’s Champion Jazz defeated Lita & Trish Stratus
– The nWo (Scott Hall, Hulk Hogan & Kevin Nash) defeated Steve Austin & The Rock in a handicap match.