On this day in wrestling history in 2002, WWF WrestleMania X8 took place. This was the end of an era as this was the last WrestleMania under the WWF banner and was also the last WrestleMania outside of USA.
On that day, one of the biggest matches in Pro-Wrestling history took place as The Rock took on Hollywood Hulk Hogan in a dream match of ages. This match featured one of the greatest crowd reactions of all time. Hogan entered the match as a heel but was cheered big time by the crowd in Toronto. The Rock won the match and after the match, Scott Hall & Kevin Nash attacked Hogan for shaking Rock’s hand. The Rock came to make the save and celebrated with Hogan. Hogan turned babyface in the end.
The Undertaker went 10-0 at this WrestleMania when he defeated Ric Flair. Rob Van Dam won the WWF Intercontinental Championship when he defeated William Regal in the opening bout of the event. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin defeated Scott Hall with a big stunner. Triple H ended the night after defeating Chris Jericho to win the WWF Undisputed Championship.
Below are the full results from the event:
* Rob Van Dam defeated William Regal to win the WWF Intercontinental Title
* Diamond Dallas Page defeated Christian to retain the WWF European Title
* Maven fought Goldust to a no-contest to retain the WWF Hardcore Title
* Kurt Angle defeated Kane
* The Undertaker defeated Ric Flair in a No-DQ Match to go 10-0 at WrestleMania
* Edge defeated Booker T
* Stone Cold defeated Scott Hall
* Billy & Chuck defeated The APA, The Dudley Boyz & The Hardy Boyz in a Four Corners Match to retain the WWF Tag Team Titles
* The Rock defeated Hollywood Hulk Hogan
* Jazz defeated Trish Stratus & Lita in a Triple Threat Match to retain the WWF Women’s Title
* Triple H defeated Chris Jericho to win the WWF Undisputed Title