On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 16, 1995, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired ‘WCW Bash at the Beach 1995’ LIVE on PPV from the Beach in Huntington Beach, California.
This was the 2nd out of 7 annual Bash at the Beach pay-per-views the WCW aired from 1994 to 2000.
This marks the first, the last & the only Professional Wrestling PPV that has ever happened on an actual beach instead of inside an arena.
But not only the World Championship Wrestling cameras were filming the event, the two main events of the show were also shown on an episode of the TV Show Baywatch featuring David Hasselhoff & Pamela Anderson.
The only possible excuse for not doing another PPV on the beach could be that none of the 9,500 people in attendance paid any money to see it. Other than that the PPV had a great & special feeling to it, not so much because of the actual matches (they weren’t bad at all though) but because of the great California beach atmosphere.
Here are the results from that night:
– WCW United States Heavyweight Championship: Sting (c) defeated Meng
– WCW World Television Championship: The Renegade (c) defeated Paul Orndorff
– Kamala defeated Jim Duggan
– Diamond Dallas Page defeated Dave Sullivan
– Triple threat – WCW World Tag Team Championship: Harlem Heat (c) defeated The Nasty Boys and The Blue Bloods
– Lifeguard match: Randy Savage defeated Ric Flair
– Steel Cage – WCW World Heavyweight Championship: Hulk Hogan (c) defeated Vader
You can watch the complete main event below:
WATCH: Brooke Hogan’s (Hulk Hogan’s Daughter) Private Photos Leaked: