• OLD SCHOOL HISTORY (June 6, 1988) – WWF Prime Time Wrestling
On this day in 1988, the World Wrestling Federation aired an episode of their weekly TV show ‘WWF Prime Time Wrestling’.
It featured pre-taped matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WWF SummerSlam 1988’ PPV.
The card can be found right here:
– Jacques & Raymond Rougeau vs. Jim Powers & Paul Roma
– Iron Mike Sharpe vs. Jerry Allen
– Brutus Beefcake vs. Tom Stone
– The Conquistador vs. SD Jones
– Nikolai Volkoff & Boris Zhukov
– The Ultimate Warrior vs. Steve Lombardi
– Don Muraco vs. Greg Valentine
• Original Plan For Women’s Match At WWE Super ShowDown Revealed
As we noted earlier, Natalya and Alexa Bliss have also gone to Saudi Arabia along with the male wrestlers for this Friday’s WWE Super ShowDown PPV.
According to ProWrestlingSheet, WWE officials are hoping to get a women’s match approved for WWE Super ShowDown (which would be Natalya vs. Alexa Bliss). Below is the statement that ProWrestlingSheet released:
“WWE officials have been going back and forth with the Saudi General Sports Authority for the past few months trying to get a women’s match approved.”
According to WrestleVotes, the original plan for WWE Super ShowDown was for Nia Jax vs. Natalya to take place.
Hearing news of female talent on the flight to Saudi as reported by @SeanRossSapp.
I can add that the idea months ago was for a women’s match to happen at this show. Prior to her injury, the plan was Nia Jax vs Natalya. We’ll see if any matchup happens on Friday.
— WrestleVotes (@WrestleVotes) June 5, 2019
Nia is currently out of action with a double knee injury.