• Paul Heyman On Why Cody Rhodes Left AEW
During a recent interview on The MMA Hour, Paul Heyman was asked to give his opinion on Cody Rhodes leaving AEW and the reason behind it.
Below is what Heyman said:
“He’s one of the founders of the company, a lot of it is his concept, a lot of the initial phase was on him, and Cody always had a vision to fill the boots of his father, not just in the ring but behind the scenes.
And the fact that he didn’t have the level of participation in decision making that he initially probably thought — this is speculation on my end, I never heard this from Cody, but just seeing the manner in which the creative end of that company grew — it doesn’t surprise me that at some point he was going to say, ‘Not what I originally envisioned and I want to see what life is like elsewhere.’
So when a founder of a company whose initial vision it was, or part of it was, leaves — that’s always surprising.
Knowing what I know, and that’s admittedly very little of the circumstances, not so surprised.”
Cody is scheduled to return to WWE this Saturday night at WrestleMania 38 – Night 1.
WATCH: Revealing Shots Of Brandi Rhodes (Cody Rhodes’ Wife):
• ON THIS DAY IN WCW HISTORY (March 30, 1998) – WCW MONDAY NITRO
On this day in 1998, Ted Turner’s World Championship Wrestling aired another LIVE episode of their weekly TV show ‘WCW MONDAY NITRO’.
It was broadcasted from the United Center in Chicago, Illinois and featured matches, interviews & storyline segments on the road to the ‘WCW Spring Stampede 1998’ PPV.
The card can be found here:
– Mike Enos & Wayne Bloom (fka The Beverly Brothers) vs. High Voltage
– Saturn vs. Fit Finlay
– Chris Jericho vs. Marty Jannetty
– Prince Iaukea vs. Glacier
– Juventud Guerrera vs. El Dandy
– Chavo Guerrero Jr. vs. Kaz Hayashi
– Buff Bagwell vs. Raven
– Disco Inferno vs. Billy Kidman
– Jim Neidhart vs. Curt Hennig
– Booker T. vs. Chris Benoit
– Psicosis vs. Ultimo Dragon
– Goldberg vs. Ray Traylor
– Kevin Nash & Randy Savage vs. Sting & Lex Luger
– Roddy Piper vs. Hollywood Hogan