• On This Day In Pro Wrestling History (July 24, 2016) – Roman Reigns Returns From Suspension For The Shield Triple Threat Match
On this day in Pro Wrestling history on July 24, 2016, WWE Battleground 2016 took place at the Verizon Center in Washington, D.C.
Roman Reigns returned to WWE programming from his suspension on this PPV and was a part of the long awaited Triple Threat match between the former Shield members.
Below are the results:
– Kickoff Show: Breezango def. The Usos
– Sasha Banks & Bayley def. Charlotte Flair & Dana Brooke
– The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt, Erick Rowan, and Braun Strowman) defeated The New Day (Big E, Kofi Kingston, and Xavier Woods)
– United States Championship Match: Rusev (c) def. Zack Ryder to retain the Title.
– Sami Zayn def. Kevin Owens
– Natalya def. Becky Lynch
– Intercontinental Championship Match: The Miz (c) vs. Darren Young ended in a Double DQ.
– John Cena, Enzo Amore and Big Cass def. The Club (AJ Styles, Luke Gallows and Karl Anderson)
– Triple Threat Match For The WWE Championship: Dean Ambrose (c) def. Roman Reigns & Seth Rollins to retain the Title.
Below are the highlights from the show:
• Possible Bad News For RAW Star Regarding SummerSlam 2018
After picking up the biggest victory of his current WWE run at Extreme Rules 2018 by defeated “The Big Dog” Roman Reigns clean in the middle of the ring, Lashley lost to Reigns last night on RAW when a Universal Title opportunity was on the line.
Now Reigns will go on to headline SummerSlam 2018 with Brock Lesnar with the Universal Title being on the line.
What does this mean for Lashley? Well, bad things.
Dave Meltzer of the Wrestling Observer noted that WWE might not have any plans for Bobby Lashley at SummerSlam 2018 now and he might end up watching the biggest event of the summer from the back.
However, this isn’t 100% confirmed and we’ll have a better idea regarding Lashley’s upcoming plans on next week’s episode of RAW now that his feud with Reigns is over (at least for now).
You can watch Lashley vs. Reigns II from RAW below: